Cell Research is seeking one full-time, in-house scientific editor to join its editorial team. The Scientific Editor will be trained to play roles in providing immediate and satisfactory supports to the Editor-in-Chief and Deputy Editor-in-Chief in all aspects of manuscript processing, which include but are not limited to assessing submitted papers, overseeing the reviewing process, and commissioning research highlights and review articles. The key qualities the journal looks for are breadth of scientific interest and the ability to think critically about a wide range of scientific issues.
The qualified candidate is expected to be or has:
1. Highly self motivated and creative (highly interested in the work of scientific editing);
2. Doctor’s degree in cell biology and molecular cell biology or related fields;
3. Good command of English and basic computer skills. Knowledge of Adobe software (Photoshop, InDesign, etc) is beneficial;
4. Strong sense of responsibility, collaboration and independence;
5. Patience, carefulness and consideration;
6. Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
7. Open-minded and competent to learn new ideas and techniques.
Applicants interested in this position should send his/her application materials, including Curriculum Vitae and personal statement by email to (subject: CR editor application) [email protected], before Dec 31, 2016.